Every state has their own set of rules when it comes to filing taxes and resolving tax problems. Many states have adopted very similar processes to the IRS, but many states have their own unique stipulations.
About Our State Tax Relief Services
We help our clients with IRS and State problems. We help clients in all 50 states and deal with both State and IRS issues. Many of our clients have State and IRS issues and our experts have experience in dealing with both. The tax relief programs that each state offers differs and our experts will ensure that we find the best one that suits your specific financial needs.
Below are some of the services that we offer for state taxes. Many of the states offer similar resolutions to the IRS, click the links below to read more about how the service works for the IRS:
- Tax Preparation/Filing Back Taxes: We are licensed to file taxes in all 50 states. We can file 1 year or many years depending upon your situation.
- Tax Payment Plan Help: Can’t pay your taxes in full? If a payment plan is the best option for your situation we will work out the appropriate installment agreement with the state taxing authorities.
- Partial Payment Installment Agreement: This program allows individuals to make smaller monthly payments than are required with a regular installment agreement. This option is for the struggling taxpayers that would endure financial hardship if they were required to pay the full amount required under a normal payment plan. Typically, with this type of agreement an individual ends up paying less than the total amount of taxes due because the statute of limitations on the debt expires before it is paid off in full.
- Offer in Compromise: Many states offer an Offer in Compromise program where you can settle taxes for less than the total amount owed. If your state offers it, and we find that you meet the qualifications, we can file this with your state.
- Currently not Collectible: This option puts a hold on tax collection activities. If you don’t have enough funds to make payments towards the debt, the taxing authorities will wait until their financial situation improves before collecting. At times, the statute of limitations on the debt expires before the taxes are paid and the debt is forgiven.
- Innocent Spouse Relief: When married couples file a joint tax return they are both equally liable for any taxes that are owed. Some states realize that it isn’t always fair to hold one party liable for the tax liability. If this is the case for you, the liability may be shifted 100% or mostly to the other spouse or ex-spouse.
- Amended Tax Returns: If there were errors on your past returns, missed credits and/or deductions, or the tax authorities filed a substitute return for you, we can file an amended tax return for the particular year or years to reduce the overall tax bill. This will also reduce the amount of penalties and interest accrued as well.
- Penalty Abatement: If you have good reasons for not staying in compliance with tax laws, then there is a good chance that penalties may be removed. Penalties can add a significant amount to a tax bill that is overdue and penalty abatement may significantly reduce that balance.
- Tax Amnesty: Many states offer tax amnesty programs from time to time to get individuals to come forward to resolve their problems with decreased penalties and consequences. If your state is offering some sort of amnesty program, our tax professionals will be sure to take full advantage of it to get the best possible deal for your situation.
Why Use Our In House Tax Professionals for State Tax Problems?
Our tax professionals will work to get you the best possible outcome by reducing your taxes owed (if possible) and then determining the best resolution method to use. We specialize in dealing with complex tax problems and use some of the best financial and tax modeling software available to help determine the best way to resolve your tax problem.